- The hotel uses natural gas as energy source for the heating of its infrastructure and water. It doesn’t use oil fuel or diesel and therefore has a relatively lower CO2 emission.
- Hotel BLOOM! buys green electricity, generated on a manner that is non-aggravating for the environment. It is more expensive in purchase but CO2 emission is decreased. We have obtained the certificate of renewable energy.
- Also we frequently use energy-efficient lamps and led lighting.
- Intern policy tries to reduce our energy consumption as much as possible.
- Our personnel makes daily rounds to turn off all lights and airco in available rooms.
- The use of airco is limited by an automatic clock-system.
- All products used in the hotel (cleaning products, washing products) are safe and non-aggravating for the environment.
- The fats (of the water) are intercepted in special trays for the fat en get collected by a registered firm. The firm destroys the fats also in an environment friendly way. The special trays for fat are treated with enzymes.
- Lamp bulbs, batteries and electrical devices are collected by Recupel.
- Paint and products alike are collected by stocks of containers.
- Paper, carton, glass and remainder waste get collected separately.
- Our refrigerating machinery operates with CFCs that are less damaging for the ozone layer.
- Hotel BLOOM! has an inventory and in case of replacements the most eco-friendly solution is chosen.
Dare To Explore Foundation
Social responsibility and social engagement is of fundamental importance to Hotel BLOOM!. That’s why in 2011 the Dare To Explore Foundation was established.
In 2011 the revenue of the home bottled water sold in SmoodS resulted in a total profit of € 13.000 which was donated to Water.org, an American nonprofit aid organization which goal it is to provide aid to developing countries that don’t have access to safe drinking water and sanitation. The Internet vouchers in the hotel resulted in a profit of € 16.000, which was given to SOS-Kinderdorpen, an international development organization which works to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children.
This year, in 2012 Hotel BLOOM! collected a total of €16.000 through the in house bottled drink water that was sold in SmoodS. As WIFI is free of charge and offered to all hotel guests and visitors, no money was collected this time. The total amount of €16.000 has been divided as follows: €10.000 also this time to Water.org, €3.000 to Floating Doctors an organization which has the mission is to reduce the burden of disease in the developing world and €3000 to CEPIA Costa Rica which stands for Culture, Education and Psychology for Infants and Adolescents and seeks to promote culture, health, sports and education for families from poor backgrounds in the communities of Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Want ro receive our press articles? Send your emailaddress to Marion Flipse: email@example.com