Discover Hotel Bloom
As sharing is one of our 4 core values, social responsibility and engagement is of fundamental importance to Hotel BLOOM! Therefor we established the “Dare To Explore Foundation” in 2011.
In 2011 we were able to collect €29.000 trough the water that was sold in SmoodS and the Internet vouchers that were sold to hotel guests. From this total, €13.000 was donated to Water.org. The other €16.000, were donated to SOS Children Villages.
In 2012 we collected a total of €16.000 only via the water that is sold in SmoodS, as we decided to offer free WIFI to all our guests. This amount has been divided as following: €10.000 to Water.org, €3.000 to Floating Doctors and €3000 to CEPIA Costa Rica.
In 2013 we collected a total of €10.000 that we decided to donate to No New Enemies (NNE); an international network of artists, designers and creative thinkers, which is registered as a European non-profit association in Brussels, Belgium. The NNE network was founded as a structure to support artists and work towards the social exploration of media aesthetics. Its creation was inspired by a traveling community of artists in the spirit of friendship and fraternity with shared fun as initiation. Members of No New Enemies are part of a network, but may be represented by galleries around the globe. Their support system acts as a source and catalyst, used to stimulate dialogue, action and encourage art appreciation. NNE is committed to promoting each member’s actions and ideas, from new works to gallery shows to interviews and special projects. Not restricted to predicates such as nationality or medium, the network is founded on personal relationships, friendships, quality of work and commitment to exploring new potentialities.
Aside from their dedicated support to artists, NNE will also organize our own projects in collaboration with Hotel BLOOM! This can be group and solo exhibitions, as well as public interventions, workshops, lectures and philanthropic engagements.
- Natural gas is our energy source for heating the hotel’s infrastructure and water. Not using oil fuel or diesel reduces CO2 emissions.
- Hotel BLOOM! uses environmental-friendly green electricity. Although more expensive, it further reduces CO2 emissions. One of the reasons we obtained the certificate of renewable energy.
- We also frequently use energy-efficient lamps and LED lighting.
- Internal policies, such as daily rounds to turn off all lights and airco in unoccupied rooms, reduce our energy consumption. Foot power to cut electrical power!
- The use of airco is limited by an automatic clock-system.
- Our refrigerating machinery operates with CFCs that are less damaging for the ozone layer.
- All cleaning and washing products used in the hotel are safe and non-aggravating for the environment.
- The fats (in waste water) are filtered by special trays and collected by a registered firm. The firm then destroys them in an environment friendly way and the trays are treated with enzymes.
- Lamp bulbs, batteries and electrical devices are collected by Recupel.
- Paint and products alike are collected in containers.
- Paper, carton, glass and remainder waste get collected separately.
BLOOM! is looking for interns for different departments. Interested? Contact the HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org